?? THE 2018 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX
Round 21. 23rd – 25th November.
997th F1 Grand Prix | 10th Abu Dhabi Grand Prix | 10th Grand Prix at the Yas Marina Circuit
2017 POLESITTER: VALTTERI BOTTAS | 2017 WINNER: VALTTERI BOTTAS
Stats and Facts
- This weekend marks Daniel Ricciardo’s 150th F1 start.
- The weekend also marks Esteban Ocon’s 50th Grand Prix start.
- Lewis Hamilton has the most poles of any driver at this track with three, but Sebastian Vettel could equal that this weekend. Valtteri Bottas is the only other man on the 2018 grid to have to taken pole in Abu Dhabi, having set the fastest Saturday time in 2017.
- Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel each share three victories at the Yas Marina Circuit. The two Finns, Kimi Raikkonen and Valtteri Bottas, each have one win here.
- Mercedes have won this race every year since 2014. They have the most wins in Abu Dhabi, with four, but Red Bull sit just one behind. No other team has taken victory at this track.
Press Conference Schedules
The Drivers’ Press Conference will take place on Thursday 22nd November. The press conference will be split into two parts, with three drivers appearing in the first part, and a further three in the second part. The drivers appearing in front of the media will be:
|PART ONE||PART TWO|
|Fernando Alonso||Sebastian Vettel|
|Lewis Hamilton||Kimi Raikkonen|
|George Russell||Max Verstappen|
|Lando Norris||Esteban Ocon|
The Team Principals’ Press Conference will take place before Free Practice 2. Appearing in front of the media will be:
Each weekend a former Formula One driver, or a driver from another prominent series of motorsport, joins the stewards to help judge any incidents from a drivers’ perspective. The Driver Steward for the 2018 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix is Felipe Giaffone.
The weather forecast for the week ahead at the Yas Marina Circuit currently looks like this:
Fastest Ever Lap
The fastest ever lap of the circuit was set by Valtteri Bottas in 2017. Will it be beaten over the 2018 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix weekend?
Pirelli’s Supersoft, Ultrasoft and Hypersoft tyres will be available for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
Here’s each driver’s choice of tyre for the event:
2017 Fastest Lap in each Session
The table below shows the fastest lap set in each session of the 2017 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix weekend:
|Free Practice 1||1:39.006 (Sebastian Vettel)|
|Free Practice 2||1:37.877 (Lewis Hamilton)|
|Free Practice 3||1:37.627 (Lewis Hamilton)|
|Qualifying||1:36.231 (Valtteri Bottas)|
|Grand Prix||1:40.650 (Valtteri Bottas)|