?? THE 2018 GRAND PRIX DU CANADA
Round 7. 8th – 10th June.
983rd F1 Grand Prix | 55th Canadian Grand Prix | 39th Grand Prix at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
2017 POLESITTER: LEWIS HAMILTON | 2017 WINNER: LEWIS HAMILTON
Stats and Facts
- The furthest back the Canadian Grand Prix has been won from is 10th on the grid.
- From 38 events, the race has been won from pole just 18 times.
- Lewis Hamilton could equal Michael Schumacher’s record of seven wins at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve this weekend.
- Lewis Hamilton is currently tied with Michael Schumacher’s record of six poles at this track. He could topple him this weekend, if he sets the fastest time on Saturday.
- Sebastian Vettel is the only other repeat Canadian pole-sitter on the current grid, with three poles. Fernando Alonso also took pole here in 2006.
- Lewis Hamilton has taken the last three poles at this track. No one has ever taken four consecutive poles at this track. Hamilton himself has taken a hat-trick once before, between 2007 and 2010. Michael Schumacher has a hat-trick of poles here between 1999 and 2001, while Vettel also took three in a row between 2011 and 2013.
- Hamilton is the only repeat winner at this track on the current grid. Kimi Raikkonen, Fernando Alonso, Sebastian Vettel and Daniel Ricciardo all have one victory in Canada.
?? Local Heroes
Lance Stroll partakes in his second home Grand Prix this weekend. Last year he finished ninth at the track, which was the first time he scored points in Formula One. Can he improve on that result this season?
Press Conference Schedules
The Drivers’ Press Conference will take place on Thursday 7th June. The press conference will be split into two parts, with three drivers appearing in the first part, and a further three in the second part. The drivers appearing in front of the media will be:
|Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)|
|Lance Stroll (Williams)|
|Stoffel Vandoorne (McLaren)|
|Max Verstappen (Red Bull)|
The Team Principals’ Press Conference will take place between the two practice sessions on Friday. Appearing in front of the media will be:
|Robert Fernley (Force India)|
|Guenther Steiner (Haas)|
|Claire Williams (Williams)|
Each weekend a former Formula One driver, or a driver from another prominent series of motorsport, joins the stewards to help judge any incidents from a drivers’ perspective. The Driver Steward for the 2018 Canadian Grand Prix is Emanuele Pirro.
The weather forecast for the week ahead at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve currently looks like this:
Fastest Ever Lap
The fastest ever lap of the circuit was set by Lewis Hamilton in 2017. Will it be beaten over the 2018 Canadian Grand Prix weekend?
Pirelli will supply Supersoft, Ultrasoft, and Hypersoft tyres for the Canadian Grand Prix.
Here’s each driver’s choice of tyres for the event:
2017 Fastest Lap in each Session
The table below shows the fastest lap set in each session of the 2017 Canadian Grand Prix weekend:
|Free Practice 1||1:13.809 (Lewis Hamilton)|
|Free Practice 2||1:12.935 (Kimi Raikkonen)|
|Free Practice 3||1:12.572 (Sebastian Vettel)|
|Qualifying||1:11.459 (Lewis Hamilton)|
|Grand Prix||1:14.551 (Lewis Hamilton)|