🇺🇸 THE 2020 U.S. GRAND PRIX
ROUND 18. 23rd – 25th October.
1036TH F1 GRAND PRIX | 50TH U.S. GRAND PRIX | 9TH GRAND PRIX AT COTA
2019 POLESITTER: VALTTERI BOTTAS | 2019 WINNER: VALTTERI BOTTAS
Friday 23rd October
Free Practice 1 (11am Local Time/ 5pm UK Time)
Free Practice 2 (1pm Local Time/ 9pm UK Time)
Saturday 24th October
Free Practice 3 (1pm Local Time/ 7pm UK Time)
Qualifying (4pm Local Time/ 10pm UK Time)
Sunday 25th October
The 2020 U.S. Grand Prix (2:10pm Local Time/ 7:10pm UK Time)
- Information about the race weekend, such as DRS zones and track changes, will be posted here.
🇺🇸 WEEKEND MILESTONES AND RECORDS
- Ford Cosworth, Ferrari and Mercedes are all currently tied as the engine manufacturer to have provided the most United States Grand Prix wins. A win for either Ferrari or Mercedes power this weekend would be a record-breaking ninth win.
- A win for Valtteri Bottas will make him the second driver to have taken back-to-back wins at the Circuit of the Americas.
- Strangely, if Valtteri Bottas fails to take pole this weekend, he will be the first driver to have not taken pole in consecutive years at the Circuit of the Americas. All three other polesitters at the track – Sebastian Vettel, Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton – followed up their first pole at the track with another pole in the following year.
- If Mercedes lead 21 laps of the race, they will become the first team to have led 300 laps at the Circuit of the Americas.
- If Sebastian Vettel finishes second, he will equal Nico Rosberg’s record tally of three runner-up finishes at the Circuit of the Americas. Meanwhile, if he or Max Verstappen finishes fourth, they will set a new record for most fourth place finishes at the track. Both are currently tied on two with Felipe Massa.
You can find more information about the records which could be beaten this weekend in our Milestones and Records to Beat post.
ALL THE INFO
Click the links below to see all the stats and circuit history you could need ahead of the race!
- COTA: The Ultimate Track Guide
- COTA Track Stats
- Milestones and Records to Beat
- Team Form
- Driver Form
- Grid Slot Stats
- COTA Power Performers
- 2019 United States Grand Prix Statistics
- 2018 United States Grand Prix Statistics
2019 RACE RECAP
Lewis Hamilton secured his sixth Drivers’ Championship after finishing as runner-up to team-mate Valtteri Bottas at the 2019 United States Grand Prix.
Lando Norris was the surprise name at the top of the timesheets at the end of Q1 for the 2019 United States Grand Prix, but it was business as usual in Q3. Valtteri Bottas took pole position by twelve thousandths of a second, but his team-mate Lewis Hamilton managed only fifth on the grid. Bottas maintained his lead at the start of the race, while Alex Albon made contact and had a slight airborne moment at the first turn. Sebastian Vettel, who started second, began to fall down the field and was out seven laps later with suspension failure. While other cars opted for a two-stop strategy, Hamilton tried a one-stop approach, which led to Bottas being behind his team-mate after his stop. The Finn soon found a way past Hamilton but was behind him once again after his second stop. With five laps remaining Bottas requested ‘no talking’ on the team radio and a battle for the win ensued. Hamilton forced Bottas wide, but the Finn came back one lap later and assumed the lead of the race. Bottas won, but all eyes were on Hamilton, who secured his sixth Drivers’ Championship and celebrated with a round of donuts. Max Verstappen completed the podium trio, while Charles Leclerc scored the additional point for fastest lap of the race.
PRESS CONFERENCE SCHEDULES
The world’s media will have the opportunity to talk to the drivers on the Thursday before the race. Appearing in the Drivers’ Press Conference for this race weekend will be:
The media also be talking to prominent members of Formula 1’s teams on Friday. Appearing in the Teams’ Press Conference for this race weekend will be:
Each weekend a former Formula 1 driver, or a driver from another prominent series of motorsport, joins the stewards to help judge any incidents from a drivers’ perspective. The Driver Steward this weekend will be TBC.
The weather forecast for the week ahead at the circuit currently looks like this:
FASTEST EVER LAP
Pirelli are yet to reveal which tyre compounds will be used for the United States Grand Prix weekend. Each driver’s selection of tyres will be announced closer to the event.
RECENT FASTEST LAPS IN EACH SESSION
|Free Practice 1||1:36.335 (Lewis Hamilton)
||1:47.502 (Lewis Hamilton)||1:34.057 (Max Verstappen)|
|Free Practice 2||1:34.668 (Lewis Hamilton)
||1:48.716 (Lewis Hamilton)||1:33.232 (Lewis Hamilton)|
|Free Practice 3||1:34.478 (Lewis Hamilton)
||1:33.797 (Sebastian Vettel)||1:33.305 (Max Verstappen)|
|Qualifying||1:33.108 (Lewis Hamilton)
||1:32.237 (Lewis Hamilton)||1:32.029 (Valtteri Bottas)|
|Grand Prix||1:37.766 (Sebastian Vettel)||1:37.392 (Lewis Hamilton)||1:36.169 (Charles Leclerc)|