?? THE 2018 GRAN PREMIO HEINEKEN D’ITALIA
Round 14. 31st August – 2nd September.
990th F1 Grand Prix | 88th Italian Grand Prix | 68th F1 Grand Prix at Monza
2017 POLESITTER: LEWIS HAMILTON | 2017 WINNER: LEWIS HAMILTON
Stats and Facts
- Lewis Hamilton has the most poles of any driver at Monza, with six.
- Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso are the other repeat Italian Grand Prix polesitters on the grid this weekend. Vettel has claimed pole here three times, while Alonso has two to his name. Kimi Raikkonen is the only other current driver to have started from the front here.
- Mercedes have won the Italian Grand Prix every year since the start of the hybrid era.
- Michael Schumacher’s record tally of five wins could be equaled this weekend by Lewis Hamilton.
- Similarly to their number of poles at Monza, Vettel and Alonso are the only other repeat winners at Monza. Vettel has three wins, Alonso has two. No other current drivers have taken an Italian Grand Prix victory.
?? Local Heroes
As always, Ferrari can expect a warm welcome here as the faithful Tifosi line the track. Sebastian Vettel has finished on the podium here in every year since he joined the Scuderia. Ferrari have the most wins of any team at this track, with nineteen. Their last win at Monza came courtesy of Fernando Alonso in 2010.
Press Conference Schedules
The Drivers’ Press Conference will take place on Thursday 30th August. The press conference will be split into two parts, with three drivers appearing in the first part, and a further three in the second part. The drivers appearing in front of the media will be:
|Part One||Part Two|
|Romain Grosjean||Nico Hulkenberg|
|Sergio Perez||Charles Leclerc|
|Kimi Raikkonen||Esteban Ocon|
|Sebastian Vettel||Sergey Sirotkin|
The Team Principals’ Press Conference will take place shortly before Free Practice 2. Appearing in front of the media will be:
|Ben Agathangelou (Haas)|
|Mattia Binotto (Ferrari)|
|Aldo Costa (Mercedes)|
|Simone Resta (Sauber)|
Each weekend a former Formula One driver, or a driver from another prominent series of motorsport, joins the stewards to help judge any incidents from a drivers’ perspective. The Driver Steward for the 2018 Italian Grand Prix is Danny Sullivan.
The weather forecast for the week ahead at the Hockenheimring currently looks like this:
Fastest Ever Lap
The fastest ever lap of the circuit was set by Juan Pablo Montoya in 2004. Will it be beaten over the 2018 Italian Grand Prix weekend?
Pirelli have announced that the Medium, Soft and Supersoft tyres will be available for the Italian Grand Prix.
Each driver’s choice of tyre will be revealed closer to the event.
2017 Fastest Lap in each Session
The table below shows the fastest lap set in each session of the 2017 Italian Grand Prix weekend:
|Free Practice 1||1:21.537 (Lewis Hamilton)|
|Free Practice 2||1:21.406 (Valtteri Bottas)|
|Free Practice 3||1:40.660 (Felipe Massa)|
|Qualifying||1:35.554 (Lewis Hamilton)|
|Grand Prix||1:23.361 (Daniel Ricciardo)|