🇲🇨 THE 2018 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO
Round 6. 24th-27th May.
982nd F1 Grand Prix | 76th Monaco Grand Prix | 76th Grand Prix at the Circuit de Monaco
2017 POLESITTER: KIMI RAIKKONEN | 2017 WINNER: SEBASTIAN VETTEL
Stats and Facts
- The 2018 Monaco Grand Prix marks Red Bull’s 250th Grand Prix.
- Of the current grid, Fernando Alonso, Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel have the most victories here, with two. Kimi Raikkonen also won here in 2005.
- The most consecutive wins recorded at this track is a remarkable five, by Ayrton Senna, between 1989 and 1993.
- Senna also has the most wins of any driver in Monaco, with six in total.
- Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen each have two poles at Monaco. Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton and Daniel Ricciardo all have a solitary pole at this track.
- McLaren are the team with the most wins here, with fifteen. Ferrari have a total of ten victories at the Circuit de Monaco, while Mercedes have seven. Williams and Red Bull each have three victories, and Renault have two.
- Between 1984 and 1993, Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna were the only drivers to take victory at the Circuit de Monaco.
🇲🇨 Local Heroes
Charles Leclerc becomes the first Monegasque driver to partake in his home Grand Prix since Olivier Beretta in 1994. Beretta finished eighth in his sole appearance at the Monaco Grand Prix. Will Leclrec score points with Sauber at his maiden home event?
Press Conference Schedules
The Drivers’ Press Conference will take place on Wednesday 23rd May. The press conference will be split into two parts, with three drivers appearing in the first part, and a further three in the second part. The drivers appearing in front of the media will be:
|Romain Grosjean (Haas)|
|Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)|
|Charles Leclerc (Sauber)|
|Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari)|
The Team Principals’ Press Conference will take place shortly after Free Practice 2. Appearing in front of the media will be:
|Zak Brown (McLaren)|
|Christian Horner (Red Bull)|
|Frederic Vasseur (Sauber)|
|Toto Wolff (Mercedes)|
Each weekend a former Formula One driver, or a driver from another prominent series of motorsport, joins the stewards to help judge any incidents from a drivers’ perspective. The Driver Steward for the 2018 Monaco Grand Prix is Danny Sullivan.
The weather forecast for the week ahead at the Circuit de Monaco currently looks like this:
Fastest Ever Lap
The fastest ever lap of the circuit was set by Kimi Raikkonen in 2017. Will it be beaten over the 2018 Monaco Grand Prix weekend?
Pirelli will supply the Supersoft, Ultrasoft and Hypersoft tyres for the 2018 Monaco Grand Prix.
Here is each driver’s choice of tyres for the event:
2017 Fastest Lap in each Session
The table below shows the fastest lap set in each session of the 2017 Monaco Grand Prix weekend:
|Free Practice 1||1:13.425 (Lewis Hamilton)|
|Free Practice 2||1:12.720 (Sebastian Vettel)|
|Free Practice 3||1:12.395 (Sebastian Vettel)|
|Qualifying||1:12.178 (Kimi Raikkonen)|
|Grand Prix||1:14.820 (Sergio Perez)|