?? THE 2020 CHINESE GRAND PRIX
ROUND TBC. DATE TBC.
?TH F1 GRAND PRIX | 17TH CHINESE GRAND PRIX | 17TH GRAND PRIX AT SHANGHAI INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT
2019 POLESITTER: VALTTERI BOTTAS | 2019 WINNER: LEWIS HAMILTON
The 2020 Chinese Grand Prix has been postponed due to the outbreak of coronavirus. This page will be updated when/if a re-scheduled date for the event is announced.
Free Practice 1 (11am Local Time/ 4am UK Time)
Free Practice 2 (3pm Local Time/ 8am UK Time)
Free Practice 3 (12pm Local Time/ 5am UK Time)
Qualifying (3pm Local Time/ 8am UK Time)
The 2020 Chinese Grand Prix (2:10pm Local Time/ 7:10am UK Time)
- Information about the race weekend, such as DRS zones and track changes, will be posted here.
?? WEEKEND MILESTONES AND RECORDS
- The sixth lap of the 2020 Chinese Grand Prix will be the 900th racing lap at the Shanghai International Circuit since F1 first visited.
- Kimi Raikkonen will equal Fernando Alonso as the driver to have entered the Chinese Grand Prix on the most occasions this weekend. Alonso entered the race fifteen times in his career, while Raikkonen makes his fifteenth appearance this weekend. He may also equal the Spaniard’s record tally of fourteen finishes at the event this weekend, as could Sebastian Vettel.
- Should Kimi Raikkonen, Sebastian Vettel or Daniel Ricciardo win this weekend, they will become only the fourth driver to have taken multiple wins at the Chinese Grand Prix.
- Mercedes could overtake Ferrari as the team to have taken the most podium finishes at the Chinese Grand Prix. Ferrari are currently on thirteen podium finishes at the circuit, while Mercedes have twelve.
- If Ferrari lead 41 laps of the Chinese Grand Prix, they will become only the second team to have led 200 laps at the event.
You can find more information about the records which could be beaten this weekend in our Milestones and Records to Beat post.
ALL THE INFO
Click the links below to see all the stats and circuit history you could need ahead of the race!
- Shanghai International Circuit: The Ultimate Track Guide
- Shanghai International Circuit Track Stats
- Milestones and Records to Break
- Team Form
- Driver Form
- Grid Slot Stats
- Shanghai Power Performers
- 2019 Chinese Grand Prix Statistics
- 2018 Chinese Grand Prix Statistics
2019 RACE RECAP
Formula 1 celebrated its 1,000th Grand Prix as Mercedes completed a hat trick of 1-2 finishes with Lewis Hamilton taking a sixth Chinese Grand Prix win.
The first major incident of the 2019 Chinese Grand Prix weekend came in Free Practice 3, when a large crash put Alex Albon’s Toro Rosso out of action for qualifying. It was Valtteri Bottas who claimed pole position as fellow Finn Kimi Raikkonen missed out on Q3 for the first time in 53 races. As the 1,000th World Championship Grand Prix began, Lewis Hamilton passed Bottas in the opening corner, and there was contact further back, as Daniil Kvyat managed to hit both McLarens. Charles Leclerc had overtaken team-mate Sebastian Vettel on the opening lap, but he was instructed to let him by on Lap 11. After the pit stops, Max Verstappen attempted an overtake on Vettel at the hairpin, but was forced wide and had to settle for fourth. Mercedes flawlessly double stacked their cars in the pit stops and Bottas soon after took second place from Leclerc. As Kvyat and Norris joined Nico Hulkenberg as retirees, Hamilton took his sixth Chinese Grand Prix victory. Bottas finished second, giving Mercedes their third 1-2 finish of the season, while Vettel completed the podium.
PRESS CONFERENCE SCHEDULES
The world’s media will have the opportunity to talk to the drivers on the Thursday before the race. Appearing in the Drivers’ Press Conference for this race weekend will be:
The media also be talking to prominent members of Formula 1’s teams on Friday. Appearing in the Teams’ Press Conference for this race weekend will be:
Each weekend a former Formula 1 driver, or a driver from another prominent series of motorsport, joins the stewards to help judge any incidents from a drivers’ perspective. The Driver Steward this weekend will be TBC.
The weather forecast for the week ahead at the circuit currently looks like this:
FASTEST EVER LAP
Pirelli are yet to reveal which tyre compounds will be used for the Chinese Grand Prix weekend. Each driver’s selection of tyres will be announced closer to the event.
RECENT FASTEST LAPS IN EACH SESSION
|Free Practice 1||1:50.491 (Max Verstappen)
||1:33.999 (Lewis Hamilton)||1:33.911 (Sebastian Vettel)|
|Free Practice 2||–||1:33.482 (Lewis Hamilton)||1:33.330 (Valtteri Bottas)|
|Free Practice 3||1;33.336 (Sebastian Vettel)
||1:33.018 (Sebastian Vettel)||1:32.830 (Valtteri Bottas)|
|Qualifying||1:31.678 (Lewis Hamilton)
||1:31.095 (Sebastian Vettel)||1:31.547 (Valtteri Bottas)|
|Grand Prix||1:35.378 (Lewis Hamilton)||1:35.785 (Daniel Ricciardo)||1:34.742 (Pierre Gasly)|