THE 70TH ANNIVERSARY GRAND PRIX
ROUND 5. 7th-9th August.
1023rd F1 GRAND PRIX | 55th GRAND PRIX AT SILVERSTONE
Friday 7th August
Free Practice 1 (11am Local Time)
Free Practice 2 (3pm Local Time)
Saturday 8th August
Free Practice 3 (12pm Local Time)
Qualifying (2pm Local Time)
Sunday 9th August
The 70th Anniversary Grand Prix (2:10pm Local Time)
- Information about the race weekend, such as DRS zones and track changes, will be posted here.
?? WEEKEND MILESTONES AND RECORDS
- This will be the first Formula 1 race that does not have a geographical name. It will be the 1,023rd World Championship Formula 1 Grand Prix, the 75th round to be held in Great Britain and the 55th F1 race held at Silverstone.
- This will be the first time that Formula 1 has held two races in the United Kingdom in a single season since 1993, when Silverstone played host to the British Grand Prix and Donington Park hosted the European Grand Prix. It will be only the seventh time in F1 history that a country has hosted two consecutive races and the second time that the same track has hosted two consecutive races.
- At the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix, Red Bull will equal the Arrows team’s number of Grand Prix starts. The Arrows team raced in F1 between 1978 and 2002, making their 291st and final start at the 2002 German Grand Prix.
- Haas will equal the number of races started by the Honda works team this weekend. Honda started 88 races, with their last appearance being at the 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix.
You can find more information about the records which could be broken this weekend in our Milestones and Records to Break post.
ALL THE INFO
Click the links below to see all the stats and circuit history you could need ahead of the race!
- Silverstone: The Ultimate Track Guide
- Silverstone Track Stats
- Milestones and Records to Break
- Team Form
- Driver Form
- Grid Slot Stats
- 2020 British Grand Prix Statistics
- 2019 British Grand Prix Statistics
- 2018 British Grand Prix Statistics
PRESS CONFERENCE SCHEDULES
The world’s media will have the opportunity to talk to the drivers on the Thursday before the race. In previous seasons a maximum of six drivers have been selected to partake in each press conference. However, all 20 drivers will be appearing in the Drivers’ Press Conference at the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix, which will take place virtually.
The media also be talking to prominent members of Formula 1’s teams on Friday. Appearing in the Teams’ Press Conference for this race weekend will be:
- Cyril Abiteboul (Renault)
- Toto Wolff (Mercedes)
- Frédéric Vasseur (Alfa Romeo)
- Mattia Binotto (Ferrari)
- Claire Williams (Williams)
- Zak Brown (McLaren)
Each weekend a former Formula 1 driver, or a driver from another prominent series of motorsport, joins the stewards to help judge any incidents from a drivers’ perspective. The Driver Steward this weekend will be Vitantonio Liuzzi.
The weather forecast for the week ahead at the circuit currently looks like this:
FASTEST EVER LAP
The C2 (Hard), C3 (Medium) and C4 (Soft) tyre compounds will be used for the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix weekend. Pirelli will supply each driver with the same number of each compound of tyre at every race in 2020.
RECENT FASTEST LAPS IN EACH SESSION
|Free Practice 1||1:29.106 (Valtteri Bottas)
||1:27.487 (Lewis Hamilton)||1:27.173 (Pierre Gasly)|
|Free Practice 2||1:28.496 (Valtteri Bottas)
||1:27.552 (Sebastian Vettel)||1:26.732 (Valtteri Bottas)|
|Free Practice 3||1:28.063 (Lewis Hamilton)
||1:26.722 (Lewis Hamilton)||1:25.905 (Charles Leclerc)|
|Qualifying||1:26.600 (Lewis Hamilton)
||1:25.892 (Lewis Hamilton)||1:25.093 (Valtteri Bottas)|
|Grand Prix||1:30.621 (Lewis Hamilton)||1:30.696 (Sebastian Vettel)||1:27.369 (Lewis Hamilton)|