?? THE 2020 TURKISH GRAND PRIX
ROUND 14. 13th – 15th November.
1032nd F1 GRAND PRIX | 8th TURKISH GRAND PRIX | 8th GRAND PRIX AT ISTANBUL PARK
2011 POLESITTER: SEBASTIAN VETTEL | 2011 WINNER: SEBASTIAN VETTEL
Friday 13th November
Free Practice 1 (11am Local Time/ 8am UK Time)
Free Practice 2 (3pm Local Time/ 12pm UK Time)
Saturday 14th November
Free Practice 3 (12pm Local Time/ 9am UK Time)
Qualifying (3pm Local Time/ 12pm UK Time)
Sunday 15th November
The 2020 Turkish Grand Prix (1:10pm Local Time/ 10:10am UK Time)
- There will be two DRS zones at the 2020 Turkish Grand Prix. The activation zones are on the main straight and on the straight between Turns 11 and 12.
?? WEEKEND MILESTONES AND RECORDS
- The 2020 Turkish Grand Prix will be F1’s first visit to Istanbul Park since 2011.
- This will be the eighth F1 race held at Istanbul Park. Mosport Park, Long Beach and Circuit of the Americas have also hosted eight races.
- If Kimi Raikkonen, Sebastian Vettel or Lewis Hamilton win the 2020 Turkish Grand Prix they will become the second driver, after Felipe Massa to have taken multiple victories at Istanbul Park.
You can find more information about the records which could be beaten this weekend in our Milestones and Records to Break post.
ALL THE INFO
Click the links below to see all the stats and circuit history you could need ahead of the race!
- Istanbul Park: The Ultimate Track Guide
- Istanbul Track Stats
- Milestones and Records to Break
- Team Form
- Grid Slot Stats
PRESS CONFERENCE SCHEDULES
The world’s media will have the opportunity to talk to the drivers on the Thursday before the race. In previous seasons a maximum of six drivers have been selected to partake in each press conference. However, all 20 drivers will be appearing in the Drivers’ Press Conference at the 2020 Turkish Grand Prix, which will take place virtually.
The media also be talking to prominent members of Formula 1’s teams on Friday. Appearing in the Teams’ Press Conference for this race weekend will be:
- Guenther Steiner (Haas)
- Toto Wolff (Mercedes)
- Mario Isola (Pirelli)
- Frédéric Vasseur (Alfa Romeo)
- Franz Tost (AlphaTauri)
- Simon Roberts (Williams)
Each weekend a former Formula 1 driver, or a driver from another prominent series of motorsport, joins the stewards to help judge any incidents from a drivers’ perspective. The Driver Steward this weekend will be Derek Warwick.
The weather forecast for the week ahead at the circuit currently looks like this:
FASTEST EVER LAP
Pirelli will supply the C1 (Hard), C2 (Medium) and C3 (Soft) compounds for the Turkish Grand Prix weekend. Each driver will be allocated the same number of each tyre compound for the race weekend.
RECENT FASTEST LAPS IN EACH SESSION
|Free Practice 1||1:28.952 (Nico Rosberg)
||1:28.653 (Lewis Hamilton)||1:38.670 (Fernando Alonso)|
|Free Practice 2||1:28.841 (Heikki Kovalainen)
||1:28.280 (Jnson Button)||1:26.456 (Jenson Button)|
|Free Practice 3||1:27.983 (Felipe Massa)
||1:27.086 (Sebastian Vettel)||1:26.037 (Sebastian Vettel)|
|Qualifying||1:28.316 (Sebastian Vettel)
||1:26.295 (Mark Webber)||1:25.049 (Sebastian Vettel)|
|Grand Prix||1:27.579 (Jenson Button)||1:29.165 (Vitaly Petrov)||1:29.703 (Mark Webber)|