THE 2020 STEIERMARK GRAND PRIX
ROUND 2. 10th-12th July.
1020th F1 GRAND PRIX | 1st STEIERMARK GRAND PRIX | 33rd GRAND PRIX AT RED BULL RING
Friday 10th July
Free Practice 1 (11am Local Time/ 10am UK Time)
Free Practice 2 (3pm Local Time/ 2pm UK Time)
Saturday 11th July
Free Practice 3 (12pm Local Time/ 11am UK Time)
Qualifying (3pm Local Time/ 2pm UK Time)
Sunday 12th July
The 2020 Steiermark Grand Prix (3:10pm Local Time/ 2:10pm UK Time)
- Information about the race weekend, such as DRS zones and track changes, will be posted here.
WEEKEND MILESTONES AND RECORDS
- This will be the first time in Formula 1 history that a venue has hosted two consecutive rounds of a championship, as well as the first time that there has been a second race at a venue in a single season. It’s the first time since 1996 that a country has hosted two consecutive Formula 1 races and the first time since 2012 that there have been two races in the same country in a single season.
- At the 2020 Steiermark Grand Prix, Mercedes will equal the number of races started by Force India. The Force India name appeared in 212 races between the 2008 Australian Grand Prix and the 2018 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
- This weekend, Haas will equal the number of races started by the Jaguar team. Jaguar started 85 races, with their last appearance being at the 2004 Brazilian Grand Prix.
You can find more information about the records which could be broken this weekend in our Milestones and Records to Break post.
ALL THE INFO
Click the links below to see all the stats and circuit history you could need ahead of the race!
- Red Bull Ring: The Ultimate Track Guide
- Red Bull Ring Track Stats
- Milestones and Records to Break
- Team Form
- Driver Form
- Grid Slot Stats
- Austria Power Performers
- 2020 Austrian Grand Prix Statistics
- 2019 Austrian Grand Prix Statistics
- 2018 Austrian Grand Prix Statistics
PRESS CONFERENCE SCHEDULES
The world’s media will have the opportunity to talk to the drivers on the Thursday before the race. In previous seasons a maximum of six drivers have been selected to partake in each press conference. However, all 20 drivers will be appearing in the Drivers’ Press Conference at the 2020 Steiermark Grand Prix, which will take place virtually.
The media also be talking to prominent members of Formula 1’s teams on Friday. Appearing in the Teams’ Press Conference for this race weekend will be:
Guenther Steiner (Haas)
Frédéric Vasseur (Alfa Romeo)
Toyoharu Tanabe (Honda)
Claire Williams (Williams)
Otmar Szafnauer (Racing Point)
Mario Isola (Pirelli)
Each weekend a former Formula 1 driver, or a driver from another prominent series of motorsport, joins the stewards to help judge any incidents from a drivers’ perspective. The Driver Steward this weekend will be Emanuele Pirro.
The weather forecast for the week ahead at the circuit currently looks like this:
FASTEST EVER LAP
The C2 (Hard), C3 (Medium) and C4 (Soft) tyre compounds will be used for the Steiermark Grand Prix weekend. Pirelli will supply each driver with the same number of each compound of tyre at every race in 2020.
RECENT FASTEST LAPS IN EACH SESSION
|Free Practice 1||1:05.975 (Lewis Hamilton)
||1:04.839 (Lewis Hamilton)||1:04.838 (Lewis Hamilton)|
|Free Practice 2||1:05.483 (Lewis Hamilton)
||1:04.579 (Lewis Hamilton)||1:05.086 (Charles Leclerc)|
|Free Practice 3||1:05.092 (Sebastian Vettel)
||1:04.070 (Sebastian Vettel)||1:03.987 (Charles Leclerc)|
|Qualifying||1:04.251 (Valtteri Bottas)
||1:03.130 (Valtteri Bottas)||1:03.003 (Charles Leclerc)|
|Grand Prix||1:07.441 (Lewis Hamilton)||1:06.957 (Kimi Raikkonen)||1:07.475 (Max Verstappen)|