🇧🇭 THE 2020 SAKHIR GRAND PRIX
ROUND 16. 4th – 6th December.
1034th F1 GRAND PRIX | 1st SAKHIR GRAND PRIX | 17TH GRAND PRIX AT BAHRAIN INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT
Friday 4th December
Free Practice 1 (4:30pm Local Time/ 1:30pm UK Time)
Free Practice 2 (8:30pm Local Time/ 5:30pm UK Time)
Saturday 5th December
Free Practice 3 (5pm Local Time/ 2pm UK Time)
Qualifying (8pm Local Time/ 5pm UK Time)
Sunday 6th December
The 2020 Sakhir Grand Prix (8:10pm Local Time/ 5:10pm UK Time)
- There will be two DRS zones at the Sakhir Grand Prix. Activation zones are after Turn 3 and after Turn 11.
- Following Romain Grosjean’s crash in the Bahrain Grand Prix, changes have been made to the barrier at the exit of Turn 3.
🇧🇭 WEEKEND MILESTONES AND RECORDS
- This will be the first time that consecutive Formula 1 races have been held in Bahrain, and the fourth and final time in 2020 that back-to-back races will be held in the same country.
- This will be the first time that there have been back-to-back night races in Formula 1 history.
- Both Lewis Hamilton and Romain Grosjean will miss the 2020 Sakhir Grand Prix. It will be the first race which Hamilton has not started since the 2006 Brazilian Grand Prix, and the first which Grosjean has not started since the 2016 Brazilian Grand Prix.
- Pietro Fittipaldi will make his F1 debut this weekend, becoming the fourth member of the Fittipaldi family to compete in a Grand Prix.
- This will be the third different layout Formula 1 has used at the Bahrain International Circuit. It should produce the shortest qualifying lap times in F1’s history.
You can find more information about the records which could be broken this weekend in our Milestones and Records to Break post.
ALL THE INFO
Click the links below to see all the stats and circuit history you could need ahead of the race!
- Bahrain International Circuit: Ultimate Track Guide
- Bahrain International Circuit Track Stats
- Milestones and Records to Break
- Team Form
- Driver Form
- Grid Slot Stats
- Bahrain Power Performers
- 2020 Bahrain Grand Prix Statistics
- 2019 Bahrain Grand Prix Statistics
- 2018 Bahrain Grand Prix Statistics
PRESS CONFERENCE SCHEDULES
The world’s media will have the opportunity to talk to the drivers on the Thursday before the race. In previous seasons a maximum of six drivers have been selected to partake in each press conference. However, all 20 drivers will be appearing in the Drivers’ Press Conference at the 2020 Sakhir Grand Prix, which will take place virtually.
The media will also be talking to prominent members of Formula 1’s teams on Friday. Appearing in the Teams’ Press Conference for this race weekend will be:
Guenther Steiner (Haas)
Toto Wolff (Mercedes)
Mario Isola (Pirelli)
Franz Tost (AlphaTauri)
Otmar Szafnauer (Racing Point)
Christian Horner (Red Bull)
Each weekend a former Formula 1 driver, or a driver from another prominent series of motorsport, joins the stewards to help judge any incidents from a drivers’ perspective. The Driver Steward this weekend will be Mika Salo.
The weather forecast for the week ahead at the circuit currently looks like this:
The C2 (Hard), C3 (Medium) and C4 (Soft) tyre compounds will be used for the Sakhir Grand Prix weekend. Pirelli will supply each driver with the same number of each compound of tyre at every race in 2020.