🇵🇹 THE 2020 PORTUGUESE GRAND PRIX
ROUND 12. 23rd-25th OCTOBER.
1030th F1 GRAND PRIX | 26th PORTUGUESE GRAND PRIX | 1st GRAND PRIX AT ALGRAVE INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT
Friday 23rd October
Free Practice 1 (11am Local Time/ 11am UK Time)
Free Practice 2 (3pm Local Time/ 3pm UK Time)
Saturday 24th October
Free Practice 3 (11am Local Time/ 11am UK Time)
Qualifying (2pm Local Time/ 2pm UK Time)
Sunday 25th October
The 2020 Portuguese Grand Prix (1:10pm Local Time/ 1:10pm UK Time)
- There will be just one DRS zone in use over the Portuguese Grand Prix. The activation zone is on the main pit straight, with the detection zone at the exit of the penultimate corner.
🇵🇹 WEEKEND MILESTONES AND RECORDS
- This weekend marks the first time that the Portuguese Grand Prix has been held since 1996.
- Algarve International Circuit will become the fourth host of the Portuguese Grand Prix during its tenure on the Formula 1 calendar, after Boavista, Monsanto and Estoril.
- At the 2020 Portuguese Grand Prix, Renault will surpass Brabham as the team to have started the sixth most Grands Prix in F1 history. This will be their 395th start.
- If Mercedes – or any Mercedes-powered car – wins the 2020 Portuguese Grand Prix, it would mark the first time that a Mercedes engine has won the event.
You can find more information about the records which could be broken this weekend in our Milestones and Records to Break post.
ALL THE INFO
Click the links below to see all the stats and circuit history you could need ahead of the race!
- Portimao: The Ultimate Track Guide
- Milestones and Records to Break
- Track Stats: Portuguese Grand Prix
PRESS CONFERENCE SCHEDULES
The world’s media will have the opportunity to talk to the drivers on the Thursday before the race. In previous seasons a maximum of six drivers have been selected to partake in each press conference. However, all 20 drivers will be appearing in the Drivers’ Press Conference at the 2020 Portuguese Grand Prix, which will take place virtually.
The media also be talking to prominent members of Formula 1’s teams on Friday. Appearing in the Teams’ Press Conference for this race weekend will be:
- Franz Tost (AlphaTauri)
- Zak Brown (McLaren)
- Otmar Szafnauer (Racing Point)
- Frédéric Vasseur (Alfa Romeo)
- Guenther Steiner (Haas)
- Simon Roberts (Williams)
Each weekend a former Formula 1 driver, or a driver from another prominent series of motorsport, joins the stewards to help judge any incidents from a drivers’ perspective. The Driver Steward this weekend will be Vitaly Petrov. Due to a personal bereavement, Petrov stepped down from the role after qualifying. He was replaced by Bruno Correia.
The weather forecast for the week ahead at the circuit currently looks like this:
The C1 (Hard), C2 (Medium) and C3 (Soft) tyre compounds will be used for the Portuguese Grand Prix weekend. Pirelli will supply each driver with the same number of each compound of tyre at every race in 2020.