?? THE 2020 EMILIA ROMAGNA GRAND PRIX
ROUND 13. 31st October – 1st November.
1021st F1 GRAND PRIX | 1st EMILIA ROMAGNA GRAND PRIX | 28th GRAND PRIX AT IMOLA
2006 POLESITTER: MICHAEL SCHUMACHER | 2006 WINNER: MICHAEL SCHUMACHER
Saturday 31st October
Free Practice (10am Local Time/ 9am UK Time)
Qualifying (2pm Local Time/ 1pm UK Time)
Sunday 1st November
The 2020 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix (1:10pm Local Time/ 12:10pm UK Time)
- There will be one DRS zone at the 2020 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix. The activation zone is located on the main straight.
?? WEEKEND MILESTONES AND RECORDS
- This will be Formula 1’s first visit to Imola since the 2006 San Marino Grand Prix.
- On the day of the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix, it will be 5,306 days since the last Formula 1 race at Imola in 2006. That will make it the sixth longest gap between two races at a circuit in F1 history.
- This weekend, Sebastian Vettel will overtake Jarno Trulli as the driver to have started the ninth most F1 races in F1 history. This will be Vettel’s 253rd appearance. Trulli made 252 starts in his career, with his last appearance coming at the 2011 Brazilian Grand Prix.
- This weekend marks Red Bull’s 300th appearance at a Formula 1 race since they first entered at the 2005 Australian Grand Prix. However, it will be their 299th start due to neither car starting the 2005 United States Grand Prix.
You can find more information about the records which could be beaten this weekend in our Milestones and Records to Break post.
ALL THE INFO
Click the links below to see all the stats and circuit history you could need ahead of the race!
- Imola: The Ultimate Track Guide
- Imola Track Stats
- Milestones and Records to Break
- Team Form
- Grid Slot Stats
PRESS CONFERENCE SCHEDULES
The world’s media will have the opportunity to talk to the drivers on Friday before the race. In previous seasons a maximum of six drivers have been selected to partake in each press conference. However, all 20 drivers will be appearing in the Drivers’ Press Conference at the 2020 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix, which will take place virtually. With a different weekend format, each pair of drivers will also be joined by a team representative. This replaces the usual Teams’ Press Conference.
Each weekend a former Formula 1 driver, or a driver from another prominent series of motorsport, joins the stewards to help judge any incidents from a drivers’ perspective. The Driver Steward this weekend will be Emanuele Pirro.
The weather forecast for the week ahead at the circuit currently looks like this:
FASTEST EVER LAP
Pirelli will supply the C2 (Hard), C3 (Medium) and C4 (Soft) compounds for the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix weekend. Each driver will be allocated the same number of each tyre compound for the race weekend. With this being a two-day event, each driver will be allocated ten sets of tyres instead of the usual twelve sets.
RECENT FASTEST LAPS IN EACH SESSION
|Free Practice 1||1:24.751 (Michael Schumacher)|
|Free Practice 2||1:25.043 (Fernando Alonso)|
|Free Practice 3||1:23.787 (Michael Schumacher)|
|Qualifying||1:22.795 (Michael Schumacher)|
|Grand Prix||1:24.569 (Fernando Alonso)|