?? THE 2018 SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX
Round 15. 14th – 16th September.
991st F1 Grand Prix | 19th Singapore Grand Prix | 11th Grand Prix at the Marina Bay Circuit
2017 POLESITTER: SEBASTIAN VETTEL | 2017 WINNER: LEWIS HAMILTON
Stats and Facts
- Nico Hulkenberg makes his 150th Grand Prix start this weekend.
- Esteban Ocon makes his 50th F1 weekend appearance this weekend.
- Sebastian Vettel has the most poles of any driver on the Marina Bay track with four, but Lewis Hamilton could equal that this weekend. Fernando Alonso is the only other current driver to have taken pole here.
- Vettel has the most wins here, too, but again his record of four could be equaled by Hamilton in 2018.
- Ferrari, Red Bull and Mercedes all have three wins at this track. McLaren have scored victory in Singapore on two occasions.
Press Conference Schedules
The Drivers’ Press Conference will take place on Thursday 13th September. The press conference will be split into two parts, with three drivers appearing in the first part, and a further three in the second part. The drivers appearing in front of the media will be:
The Team Principals’ Press Conference will take place shortly before Free Practice 2. Appearing in front of the media will be:
|Gil de Ferran|
Each weekend a former Formula One driver, or a driver from another prominent series of motorsport, joins the stewards to help judge any incidents from a drivers’ perspective. The Driver Steward for the 2018 Singapore Grand Prix is Derek Warwick.
The weather forecast for the week ahead at the Marina Bay Circuit currently looks like this:
Fastest Ever Lap
The fastest ever lap of the circuit was set by Sebastian Vettel in 2017. Will it be beaten over the 2018 Singapore Grand Prix weekend?
Pirelli have announced that Soft, Ultrasoft and Hypersoft tyres will be available to the drivers at the Singapore Grand Prix.
Each driver’s choice of tyre can be found below:
2017 Fastest Lap in each Session
The table below shows the fastest lap set in each session of the 2017 Singapore Grand Prix weekend:
|Free Practice 1||1:42.489 (Daniel Ricciardo)|
|Free Practice 2||1:40.852 (Daniel Ricciardo)|
|Free Practice 3||1:41.829 (Max Verstappen)|
|Qualifying||1:39.491 (Sebastian Vettel)|
|Grand Prix||1:45.008 (Lewis Hamilton)|