🇧🇭 THE 2020 BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX
ROUND 15. 27th – 29th NOVEMBER.
1033rd F1 GRAND PRIX | 16th BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX | 16th GRAND PRIX AT BAHRAIN INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT
2019 POLESITTER: CHARLES LECLERC | 2019 WINNER: LEWIS HAMILTON
Friday 27th November
Free Practice 1 (2pm Local Time/ 11am UK Time)
Free Practice 2 (6pm Local Time/ 3pm UK Time)
Saturday 28th November
Free Practice 3 (3pm Local Time/ 12pm UK Time)
Qualifying (6pm Local Time/ 3pm UK Time)
Sunday 29th November
The 2020 Bahrain Grand Prix (6:10pm Local Time/ 3:10pm UK Time)
- Due to the coronavirus outbreak, the 2020 Bahrain Grand Prix will take place six months later than originally scheduled.
- Information about the race weekend, such as DRS zones and track changes, will be posted here.
🇧🇭 WEEKEND MILESTONES AND RECORDS
- The 53rd lap of the 2020 Bahrain Grand Prix will be the 900th racing lap to take place at the Bahrain International Circuit since F1 first visited in 2004.
- Sebastian Vettel could extend the record number of Bahrain Grand Prix wins to five. He currently holds the record for most wins at the circuit, having previously won here in 2012, 2013, 2017 and 2018. Should Lewis Hamilton be victorious, he would equal Vettel’s record of four wins in Bahrain.
- Both Sergio Perez and Daniil Kvyat could set a new record for most Q2 exits at the Bahrain Grand Prix this weekend. They are currently tied with Nico Hulkenberg on four Q2 eliminations. Romain Grosjean and Max Verstappen could join that trio if they exit in Q2.
You can find more information about the records which could be broken this weekend in our Milestones and Records to Break post.
ALL THE INFO
Click the links below to see all the stats and circuit history you could need ahead of the race!
- Bahrain International Circuit: Ultimate Track Guide
- Bahrain International Circuit Track Stats
- Milestones and Records to Break
- Team Form
- Driver Form
- Grid Slot Stats
- 2019 Bahrain Grand Prix Statistics
- 2018 Bahrain Grand Prix Statistics
2019 RACE RECAP
Charles Leclerc took the first pole position of his career and looked set to win the 2019 Bahrain Grand Prix, until a mechanical failure handed the victory to Lewis Hamilton in the closing stages.
After struggling to find the speed in Australia, Ferrari were firmly back on the pace in Bahrain, and Charles Leclerc demonstrated the Scuderia’s pace by taking his maiden pole position. But it was his team-mate Sebastian Vettel who led into Turn 1, while Valtteri Bottas passed Lewis Hamilton for third place. The Finn soon made his way past Leclerc, dropping the Ferrari driver down to third. In the midfield, Lance Stroll made contact with a Haas, resulting in sparks flying on the opening lap. Back at the front, Leclerc re-passed Bottas on the second lap, and Hamilton followed him through. Carlos Sainz suffered front wing damage after colliding with Max Verstappen in a scrap for fifth place, while Antonio Giovinazzi sent Daniil Kvyat’s Toro Rosso into a spin. On the sixth lap, Leclerc found a way past his team-mate at Turn 1 and re-took the lead. After the first round of pit stops, Hamilton closed in on Vettel and passed him. Immediately after the move was made, Vettel spun in his Ferrari and on the following straight lost his front wing. Nine laps from the end, Leclerc began to encounter engine issues and it wasn’t long before Hamilton and Bottas both sailed past. The Renaults had diced for sixth position, but it was ultimately futile – both Daniel Ricciardo and Nico Hulkenberg retired within a few corners of each other. The ensuing Safety Car meant that Leclerc was able to hold on to the first podium finish of his career, while Mercedes scored a 1-2 finish.
PRESS CONFERENCE SCHEDULES
The world’s media will have the opportunity to talk to the drivers on the Thursday before the race. Appearing in the Drivers’ Press Conference for this race weekend will be:
The media also be talking to prominent members of Formula 1’s teams on Friday. Appearing in the Teams’ Press Conference for this race weekend will be:
Each weekend a former Formula 1 driver, or a driver from another prominent series of motorsport, joins the stewards to help judge any incidents from a drivers’ perspective. The Driver Steward this weekend will be TBC.
The weather forecast for the week ahead at the circuit currently looks like this:
FASTEST EVER LAP
Pirelli have revealed that the C2, C3 and C4 compounds will be used for the Bahrain Grand Prix weekend. Pirelli will supply each driver with the same number of each compound of tyre at every race in 2020.
RECENT FASTEST LAPS IN EACH SESSION
|Free Practice 1||1:32.697 (Sebastian Vettel)||1:31.060 (Daniel Ricciardo)||1:30.354 (Charles Leclerc)|
|Free Practice 2||1:31.310 (Sebastian Vettel)||1:29.817 (Kimi Raikkonen)||1:28.846 (Sebastian Vettel)|
|Free Practice 3||1:32.194 (Max Verstappen)||1:29.868 (Kimi Raikkonen)||1:29.569 (Charles Leclerc)|
|Qualifying||1:28.769 (Valtteri Bottas)||1:27.958 (Sebastian Vettel)||1:27.866 (Charles Leclerc)|
|Grand Prix||1:32.798 (Lewis Hamilton)||1:33.740 (Valtteri Bottas)||1:33.411 (Charles Leclerc)|