Who was your star of the 2019 Australian Grand Prix weekend? Vote in our poll!
While Lewis Hamilton took a record eighth pole at Albert Park on Saturday, it was team-mate Valtteri Bottas who got a better start and took a dominant win in the opening race of the season. Elsewhere in the race, Max Verstappen impressed with his usual moves to take home a podium finish for Red Bull, while Antonio Giovinazzi put up a good defensive show against Lando Norris, despite having worn tyres. Norris himself impressed by eventually passing the Italian, and was one of the surprises in qualifying, reaching Q3 on debut. Sergio Perez was also notable in qualifying, out-performing his car to qualify in the top ten. Were their performances enough to impress you? Or did someone else steal the limelight?
Who impressed you the most over the Australian Grand Prix weekend? Vote in the poll below!
Who is your star of the 2019 Australian Grand Prix weekend?
- Valtteri Bottas (67%, 24 Votes)
- Robert Kubica (11%, 4 Votes)
- Kevin Magnussen (8%, 3 Votes)
- Max Verstappen (6%, 2 Votes)
- Daniil Kvyat (3%, 1 Votes)
- Pierre Gasly (3%, 1 Votes)
- Kimi Raikkonen (3%, 1 Votes)
- Lance Stroll (0%, 0 Votes)
- Antonio Giovinazzi (0%, 0 Votes)
- Lewis Hamilton (0%, 0 Votes)
- Alexander Albon (0%, 0 Votes)
- Sergio Perez (0%, 0 Votes)
- Lando Norris (0%, 0 Votes)
- Carlos Sainz (0%, 0 Votes)
- Romain Grosjean (0%, 0 Votes)
- Nico Hulkenberg (0%, 0 Votes)
- Daniel Ricciardo (0%, 0 Votes)
- Charles Leclerc (0%, 0 Votes)
- Sebastian Vettel (0%, 0 Votes)
- George Russell (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 36
Nicky Haldenby is a 24 year old Formula One blogger from Scarborough, England. Having grown up with F1 often on the TV on Sunday afternoons, Nicky has been following the sport avidly since 2006. He graduated from the University of Hull in 2015 with a First Class degree in English Language and Literature and founded the Lights Out F1 Blog in March 2016. Nicky also writes at F1Destinations and can be heard regularly as a guest on the Last Lap Podcast. He previously wrote for Badger GP.