The new Formula One season is coming faster than a car before the braking zone of Turn One at Monza. With that in mind, we posed fifteen prediction questions for the season ahead on Twitter. Join in with the prediction fun by voting on the polls below – all you need is a twitter account. You’ll be able to see how many you got right at the end of the year. Enjoy!
1. Which rookie will score more points in 2018?
2. Which nationality will score more points over the season?
3. Will Fernando Alonso win a Grand Prix in 2018?
4. How many races will be affected by rain?
5. What will Renault’s best result be?
6. Which team will finish higher in the Constructors’ Championship?
7. How many different drivers will win a Grand Prix in 2018?
8. Will McLaren finish on the podium at any race this season?
9. Will Max Verstappen take his maiden pole position in 2018?
10. Will the title be decided at the final Grand Prix of the season?
11. How many points will the 2018 World Champion score?
12. Will any driver be replaced during the 2018 F1 season?
13. Will Kimi Raikkonen re-sign with Ferrari for 2019?
14. Which team will win the 2018 F1 Constructors’ Championship?
15. Who will win the 2018 F1 World Championship?
After graduating from the University of Hull in 2015 with a First Class honours degree in English Language and Literature, Nicky Haldenby, a lifelong fan of Formula 1, founded the Lights Out F1 Blog in 2016. Now in its fifth season, the blog has become a firm fan-favourite, delving deep into the sport’s history books and lifting the cover on unusual F1 statistics. Nicky also writes at F1Destinations and GPDestinations. In 2017 and 2018, he wrote for Badger GP. Nicky is also the host of the F1 Rewind Podcast and can be heard as the resident stats man on the 2 Soft Compounds Podcast.