🇭🇺 THE 2018 MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ
Round 12. 27th – 29th July.
988th F1 Grand Prix | 34th Hungarian Grand Prix | 33rd Grand Prix at the Hungaroring
2017 POLESITTER: SEBASTIAN VETTEL | 2017 WINNER: SEBASTIAN VETTEL
Stats and Facts
- Since 2005, the winner of this Grand Prix has failed to go on to win that year’s championship.
- This will be the 33rd consecutive Hungarian Grand Prix held at the Hungaroring. The only tracks to have held more consecutive races are Monza and Monte-Carlo.
- With five victories, Lewis Hamilton has the most wins at this track of any driver.
- Aside from Hamilton, Sebastian Vettel is the only other current driver to have more than one win at this track. He’s taken two victories here, both with Ferrari. Kimi Raikkonen and Daniel Ricciardo have each scored one win at the Hungaroring.
- Hamilton has the most poles of the current drivers at this track, with five. Other multiple polesitters are Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso. who have started from pole on three and two occasions respectively. Kimi Raikkonen has a solitary pole at this track.
Press Conference Schedules
The Drivers’ Press Conference will take place on Thursday 26th July. The press conference will be split into two parts, with three drivers appearing in the first part, and a further three in the second part. The drivers appearing in front of the media will be:
|Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)|
|Esteban Ocon (Force India)|
|Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari)|
|Carlos Sainz (Renault)|
The Team Principals’ Press Conference will take place shortly before Free Practice 2. Appearing in front of the media will be:
|Maurizio Arrivabene (Ferrari)|
|Robert Fernley (Force India)|
|Mario Isola (Pirelli)|
|Toto Wolff (Mercedes)|
Each weekend a former Formula One driver, or a driver from another prominent series of motorsport, joins the stewards to help judge any incidents from a drivers’ perspective. The Driver Steward for the 2018 Hungarian Grand Prix is Derek Warwick.
The weather forecast for the week ahead at the Hungaroring currently looks like this:
Fastest Ever Lap
The fastest ever lap of the circuit was set by Sebastian Vettel in 2017. Will it be beaten over the 2018 Hungarian Grand Prix weekend?
Pirelli will supply Medium, Soft and Ultrasoft tyres for the Hungarian Grand Prix.
Each driver’s choice of tyre can be seen below:
2017 Fastest Lap in each Session
The table below shows the fastest lap set in each session of the 2017 Hungarian Grand Prix weekend:
|Free Practice 1||1:18.486 (Daniel Ricciardo)|
|Free Practice 2||1:18.455 (Daniel Ricciardo)|
|Free Practice 3||1:17.017 (Sebastian Vettel)|
|Qualifying||1:16.276 (Sebastian Vettel)|
|Grand Prix||1:20.182 (Fernando Alonso)|