🇬🇧 THE 2018 ROLEX BRITISH GRAND PRIX
Round 10. 6th – 8th July.
986th F1 Grand Prix | 73rd British Grand Prix | 52nd Grand Prix at Silverstone
2017 POLESITTER: LEWIS HAMILTON | 2017 WINNER: LEWIS HAMILTON
Stats and Facts
- Fernando Alonso celebrates his 300th Grand Prix start this weekend. By the end of the season, he’ll become the second most experienced driver in F1 history.
- The Silverstone track was resurfaced over February 2018, so lap times may be quicker this year.
- Lewis Hamilton has the most poles of any driver here, with five. Fernando Alonso has started from the front slow on three occasions. While Sebastian Vettel started from pole twice and Kimi Raikkonen has taken pole at Silverstone once.
- Hamilton could set an outright record for the number of wins at Silverstone this weekend by beating Alain Prost’s record of five. If he does so, he’ll also become the driver with the most British Grand Prix victories, overtaking Jim Clark.
- Fernando Alonso is the only other repeat Silverstone victor on the current grid. He’s taken two wins here, while Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen have each taken one.
🇬🇧 Local Heroes
Lewis Hamilton partakes in his twelfth home Grand Prix this weekend. For the first time since the 1981 season, there is only one British driver competing in the British Grand Prix this season.
Hamilton has impeccable form here, and has won every race at Silverstone since 2014. If he wins this weekend, he’ll have the most British Grand Prix wins of any driver in the history of F1.
Press Conference Schedules
The Drivers’ Press Conference will take place on Thursday 5th July. The press conference will be split into two parts, with three drivers appearing in the first part, and a further three in the second part. The drivers appearing in front of the media will be:
|Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)|
|Max Verstappen (Red Bull)|
|Charles Leclerc (Sauber)|
The Team Principals’ Press Conference will take place on Friday 6th July. Appearing in front of the media will be:
|Zak Brown (McLaren)|
|Vijay Mallya (Force India)|
|Guenther Steiner (Haas)|
|Claire Williams (Williams)|
Each weekend a former Formula One driver, or a driver from another prominent series of motorsport, joins the stewards to help judge any incidents from a drivers’ perspective. The Driver Steward for the 2018 British Grand Prix is Tom Kristensen.
The weather forecast for the week ahead at the Silverstone Circuit currently looks like this:
Fastest Ever Lap
The fastest ever lap of the circuit was set by Lewis Hamilton in 2017. Will it be beaten over the 2018 British Grand Prix weekend?
Pirelli will supply Hard, Soft and Medium compound tyres for the 2018 British Grand Prix.
Each driver’s choice of tyre can be seen below:
2017 Fastest Lap in each Session
The table below shows the fastest lap set in each session of the 2017 British Grand Prix weekend:
|Free Practice 1||1:29.106 (Valtteri Bottas)|
|Free Practice 2||1:28.496 (Valtteri Bottas)|
|Free Practice 3||1:28.063 (Lewis Hamilton)|
|Qualifying||1:26.600 (Lewis Hamilton)|
|Grand Prix||1:30.621 (Lewis Hamilton)|