🇦🇹 THE 2018 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH
Round 9. 29th June – 1st July.
985th F1 Grand Prix | 32nd Austrian Grand Prix | 31st Grand Prix at the Red Bull Ring
2017 POLESITTER: VALTTERI BOTTAS | 2017 WINNER: VALTTERI BOTTAS
Stats and Facts
- This race will mark the 200th appearance for the Force team. Despite changing names at the start of the season, it will be the 200th race since Vijay Mallya took ownership of the Silverstone based team.
- The race is also Haas’ 50th F1 weekend.
- Of the current grid, Lewis Hamilton has the most poles here with two. Valtteri Bottas is the only other current driver to have taken pole at the Red Bull Ring.
- Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas are the only current drivers to have won at this track, too. Each have one Austrian victory under their belt.
- Mercedes have won this Grand Prix on every occasion since it returned to the calendar in 2014.
- McLaren are the team with the most victories at this track with six. Ferrari have five, Mercedes four, Williams have three while Renault have scored two victories at the Red Bull Ring.
🇦🇹 Local Heroes
There are no Austrian drivers on the current F1 grid, but there’ll be support for the Red Bull Team here. Red Bull are an Austrian company, but the team is based in the U.K.
Press Conference Schedules
The Drivers’ Press Conference will take place on Thursday 28th June. The press conference will be split into two parts, with three drivers appearing in the first part, and a further three in the second part. The drivers appearing in front of the media will be:
|Kevin Magnussen (Haas)|
|Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari)|
|Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull)|
|Sergey Sirotkin (Williams)|
The Team Principals’ Press Conference will take place shortly after Free Practice 2. Appearing in front of the media will be:
|Christian Horner (Red Bull)|
|Franz Tost (Toro Rosso)|
|Tanabe Toyoharu (Honda)|
|Toto Wolff (Mercedes)|
Each weekend a former Formula One driver, or a driver from another prominent series of motorsport, joins the stewards to help judge any incidents from a drivers’ perspective. The Driver Steward for the 2018 Austrian Grand Prix is Derek Warwick.
The weather forecast for the week ahead at the Red Bull Ring currently looks like this:
Fastest Ever Lap
The fastest ever lap of the circuit was set by Valtteri Bottas in 2017. Will it be beaten over the 2018 Austrian Grand Prix weekend?
Pirelli have announced that they will supply Ultrasoft, Supersoft and Soft tyres for the 2018 Austrian Grand Prix weekend.
Each driver’s choice of tyre can be seen below:
2017 Fastest Lap in each Session
The table below shows the fastest lap set in each session of the 2017 Austrian Grand Prix weekend:
|Free Practice 1||1:05.975 (Lewis Hamilton)|
|Free Practice 2||1:05.483 (Lewis Hamilton)|
|Free Practice 3||1:05.092 (Sebastian Vettel)|
|Qualifying||1:04.251 (Valtteri Bottas)|
|Grand Prix||1:07.441 (Lewis Hamilton)|