The Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya hosts Formula 1’s traditional return to Europe as the European Season gets underway. Here’s everything you need to know about the Spanish Circuit!
|MOST WINS||MICHAEL SCHUMACHER (6)|
- A different driver has won the race for the past 9 Grands Prix at this track. Will 2016 make it 10 different winners in a row?
- The circuit was built in 1991, and in 1992, the track acted as the start/finish line for the road team time trial cycling event in the Olympics which were held in Barcelona.
- Wind direction can have a significant impact on the Catalunya track, and it is known to change drastically throughout the day.
- The circuit is probably the most well-known to the teams and drivers as they test extensively here in Winter Testing.
- Qualifying is particularly important at Catalunya. 23 of the 25 Grands Prix at the track have been won from the front row of the grid.
Last 10 Spanish Grand Prix Winners: