Desert nights, long run off areas and rosewater on the podium. Here’s everything you need to know about the Bahrain Grand Prix circuit!
|MOST WINS||FERNANDO ALONSO (3)|
- The track was extended in 2010- a layout named ‘the Endurance Circuit’ – in honour of Formula 1’s diamond jubilee.
- The Grand Prix has been held at night since 2014.
- The race was cancelled in 2011 due to the political situation in Bahrain. Plans were made to reschedule the race from March to October that year, but the event never materialised.
- There is no champagne on the podium here, instead non-alcoholic rosewater is sprayed by the podium placed finishers.
- Although the drivers and fans don’t particularly like the long run off areas they do make Bahrain one of the safest race tracks on the F1 calendar. The long run off areas also prevent sand from getting on to the circuit.
Previous Bahrain Grand Prix Winners: